Beech Tree Eco LodgeOne of two luxurious properties that have some of the finest finishing touches you will ever see. The quality and the taste of the furnishings are
well worthy of the 5* grading.
Our two magnificent new and spacious eco lodges built with a bespoke mix of Welsh stone and a D shaped log making them with every internal room with
and external wall being clad with a lovely wide timber for everyone visiting a log home experience. Offering a tranquil place for all to explore to
the beautiful countryside of Crai. The lodges are built on the family run Organic working farm providing the upmost in luxury with use of Spa Hot tub,
trampoline, and garden furniture to include children’s play area swings and slide.
The kitchens are "state of the art" with lovely large American Style fridge freezers, large electric double ovens with hobs, microwaves,
dishwashers, washing machine, tumble drier and fitted kitchen . There is a spacious dining area where visitors can eat at a traditional Oak farmhouse
style dining table and chairs seating 10. In both Lodges there are large French windows looking out over the panoramic views of the garden, the
children's play area and across the Valley to the hills beyond to the Llyn-yr-Fan Lake where the legendry "Lady of the Lake" appeared.
There are comfortable sofas and chairs for relaxing and large screen TV's with DVD, CD player and Broadband Wi-Fi. Mobile telephone reception is
variable but possible in places. All bedrooms have brand new flat screen Free view TV's and mattresses are pocket sprung with memory foam top
layer ensuring a five star comfortable sleep.
There is a downstairs bedroom with twin beds and a large wheel-in shower/wet room with whb and wc. The disabled bed in both lodges is electrically
operated to lift the head or feet as required. There is a downstairs cloakroom with wc.
Upstairs there are four bedrooms:
1. The Master Bedroom has a king sized bed and en-suite shower room, TV
2. A family bedroom with King sized bed, Sofa bed sleeping 2, TV
3. A bedroom with a King sized bed, TV
4. A bedroom with a double bed, TV
This also has a large spacious shower enclosure, corner bath, hand basin and toilet.
• All good quality bedding and towels provided.
• All electricity and heating is inclusive
• Ample parking
• Disabled wheelchair access to all ground floor including wet/shower room, electric beds and lawn access front and back, left and right bathrooms
• Welcome Pack on Arrival
• Playground area with slides, swings, and climbing castle
• Large Flat screen TV's in all bedrooms with HD, Wi-Fi, Skype, and free view. Blu-ray DVD
• Broadband and Wi-Fi
• Barbeque with lawn table and chairs
• Cot and high chair
• Safe storage for mountain bikes or canoes
• Coarse Fishing nearby and Fly Fishing on Reservoirs and owner has private fishing rights on the tributary to the Usk River where the Usk and Wye
foundation have completed significant coppicing and bank clearance to improve salmon spawning and easier access to river banks.
• Pamper Packages can be arranged for your stay.
• There is a HOT TUB recently installed for visitors to use by appointment.
• Supermarkets that deliver here are Asda
• Walkers / Cyclists welcome
• Green Business Tourism Award - pending
These two new properties have been built and developed making them as comfortable, warm and hi-tech green energy efficient as possible with a Biomass
wood fired boiler, Solar panels for production of hot water and also solar panels for the farms own electricity. Heat recovery system which will expel
damp, moist air from bathrooms and kitchen drawn through a heat exchanger which expels damp air outside and brings back in fresh filtered air that is
warmed up as it passes through the exchanger back into all other rooms. Typically 70% efficiency is achieved.
The Electric Car - B-Bug
The Electric Car - B-Bug can also be used for a week by visitors again by booking in advance and on discussion with the Talybont On Usk Green Energy
We are able to accommodate visitors in wheelchairs:
In both lodges downstairs bedrooms are suitable for visitors with disability and wheelchair bound. The bedroom has twin beds and a large wheel-in
shower/wet room with whb and wc. The disabled bed in both lodges are electrically operated to lift the head or feet as required.
12 Mountain Bikes available for hire on discussion in advance with the owner.
The Lodges are located in a lovely setting in the centre of the tiny hamlet of Crai in the centre of The Brecon Beacons and with perfect walking
straight from the door. There is a regular bus service 50 yards away. The owners also own a country pub nearby which lies at the foot of the Brecon
Beacons. The large organic farm supplies Welsh Beef and Lamb to Waitrose and 300 acres of land for visitors to explore and walk over (on discussion
with the owner).
The Owner of the Farm and the Lodges is very enterprising and is very happy if visitors wish to bring horses with them and can provide grazing (on
Beech Tree Lodge (sleeps 9):
£1070 weekly (peak season)
£975 weekly (high season)
£835 (mid nights weekly)
£690 (mid nights weekly)
£645 (4 nights)
£595 (Low / mid season short break)